Incumbent is responsible for the safe transportation of goods from one place to another using an OTR tractor and 53’ dry van trailer combination weighing up to 80,000 pounds and requiring a Class A CDL license. Position requires the incumbent to plan trips to meet customer requirements while taking into account items such as breaks & resets, fuel stops, customer dock appointments, weather, defensive driving techniques, traffic & construction, city & rural driving conditions and manage unforeseen circumstances.
- Transport and deliver freight over the road over long distances in a safe, efficient, timely and legal manner.
- Hook and unhook trailers, secure freight if required, and scale tractor and trailer to ensure proper weight distribution to meet legal requirements.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and maintain records and/or logs required by the Company and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects and/or repairs to Company personnel.
- Represent the Company and the trucking industry in a professional manner.
- Available for dispatch 24 X 7 and able to spend up to 7 days away from home.
- Safely fuel truck with diesel fuel and DEF fluid. Maintain a clean interior and exterior of the truck.
- Report to Dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road and follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Reading comprehension in order to follow written instructions, prepare work related documents and communicate in writing.